Sunday, August 11, 2013

Confessions of an Apprentice Tarot Reader

The other day I became a member of the free tarot network where I signed up to give free readings to the public at large. As if that wasn't a scary enough step, last night I attended the second to last class in the psychic certification course I began back in January. Last night's class was about giving card readings to fellow class mates. As I sat in front of my querent listening to her story I realized that I would be giving readings to real people with real problems who would eventually move from behind a computer screen and be sitting right in front of me expecting answers.

courtesy of handanalysis.co.uk
How do I give them hope? How do I put a positive spin on the energy of a card I perceive as being something they won't like if it manifests? I never considered myself to be someone who would ever make a profession out of a customer service related field like retail or banking but then what did I think tarot reading or aromatherapy consulting involved? With tarot and aromatherapy I believe I can help others realize their own potential. I can help them get in touch with their personal power because that is exactly what I am receiving through my learning process.

step into my parlor
I think part of the reason I signed up to give free readings is so that I can gain the confidence to gently guide my clients in ways that are going to be helpful to them. Sure, it scares the bejeezus outta me and that is exactly why I'm doing it. I've spent too much time in life giving myself excuses not to try. Those excuses creep up in the form of phrases like "I'll do it tomorrow." "I don't have time right now." "I'll look at it later." Except that tomorrow becomes next week or next month, right now becomes later and later eventually becomes never. You might recognize a few of these venomous toads at work in your own life.

via metaphysical journeys on Pinterest
What do you do about it? You simply begin. Thankfully it is a comfort to know that when my tarot teacher was first learning she also experienced the same fear and anxiety that I have now. The way to overcome is to feel the fear and do it anyway. I'm still acclimating myself to the network and as soon as I know how you can get in touch with me there for a free reading I'll let you know.


1 comment:

  1. Stepping out of our comfort zone or trying a new adventure, is never an easy task! Congratulations on this new and exciting path you've chosen, on your lifes journey!
    Terri S.

    ReplyDelete

Greetings!

Each and every comment adds a bit of cheer to my day. Thank you so much for popping over. I hope to see you again soon.

~Kellie